Thursday, April 26, 2012

Actually Excited for Labor!

Less than 50 days to go! Woot! Last night Adam and I went to our first of two private Lamaze classes with a local Doula. I honestly thought I would leave the class in a complete panic mode about labor, but I actually feel so much more confident and capable in my abilities. We have one more session with her next week. My plan for this labor is to deliver completely natural with no interventions. Obviously, you never know what delivery will have in store for you, but I am going in with all intentions to deliver this guy naturally. We had a great session last night where we focused on breathing and laboring positions. The session taught Adam and I what we should expect and gave us tips on when we should actually go to the hospital. It's suggested that you wait as long as possible to go to the hospital if trying for natural childbirth. The less time you're there, the less time there is for intervention. :) Hopefully our little guy is cooperative on his birthday. 

Everything else is still going swimmingly. I feel great. I've been staying heartburn free, still working out at least 4 times a week, and I just feel healthy in general. The nightly bathroom breaks are  getting a little exhausting, though. My record is 6 in 8 hours... Oh well. Guess I need to get use to being woken up throughout the night.

I had issues getting my weekly picture this morning, so this blurry self-portrait will have to do.  Either little guy had a growth spurt this week or horizontal stripes just aren't flattering on a pregnant woman's body.... 

 

33 Weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment