Monday, May 14, 2012

Lots of Things Baby!

I didn't have the chance to do my normal weekly post last week because life has been quite the whirlwind since Thursday. On Thursday, I celebrated my 35th week of pregnancy and it was BABY SHOWER weekend! My mother and grandmother flew in on Thursday evening for the weekend. During the day on Friday, the three of us went on a tour of downtown DC and had a lovely lunch in the city at one of my favorite restaurants. That afternoon I went back to the airport to pick up one of my dearest friends, Jesse. I haven't seen Jesse in about 1 1/2 years (she lives in Vermont), but she flew down for the baby shower. It was so amazing to see her again and have her here to share such a special day.

Saturday was the big day! Two of my best friends, Jen and Christine, threw my baby shower. They both went above and beyond and put together the most beautiful shower ever. All the decorations were homemade, there was an amazing spread of vegan food, and the main shower activity was so much fun! Everyone at the shower was given a plain white onesie, and everyone decorated one for Baby D. The final products were fantastic. The time and love that Jen and Christine put into my shower was completely overwhelming to me. I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life. Also, to have so many of my family and friends around from near and far to celebrate was truly the greatest thing ever. It warms my heart to see how excited everyone is for Adam and me. I cannot thank everyone enough for such a special day.

On Sunday, my mom took a few maternity style photos for Adam and me. A lot of people get professional photos done during pregnancy. Adam and I opted not to, so it was nice of my mom to take a few pictures so we can document such a special time in our lives.

It truly was a great weekend and after our shower Baby D has pretty much everything he needs! Adam and I only have a couple last minute things to get. All I know is that this is going to be one spoiled rotten baby!

Will post again Thursday. In the meantime, here are some picture of the special weekend! 



Amazing diaper cake made by Christine

Some of the finished onesies

More onesies! 

Jen made Baby D the most amazing blanket in the world! 

Some of the most amazing women I know! 

Soon-to-be Great Grandma and Soon-to-be Oma! 

Yup, I'm pregnant. No denying it. 

Adam is already glowing as a father! 

35 week photo taken Thursday morning

There's a baby in there!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment