Thursday, May 17, 2012

Less than 30 Days!!!

I had a great appointment today at the doctor's office. I saw one of the office midwives and she is my favorite person to have an appointment with. She spent about 25 minutes with me which is practically unheard of in the OB world. She did an internal exam and she was surprised to feel that our little guy is lodged head down real far into my pelvis. She said he is nice and comfy there and won't be moving out of position at this point! My chances for a vaginal delivery are looking stellar. What was even more of a surprise this morning was that at 36 weeks I am already 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. The dilation part doesn't mean too, too much yet, but the effacement is really great. The midwife said I'm ahead of the game and there is a chance this little guy could come before his due date, but there is still really no telling (he'll ultimately decide when he's ready to come into the world). It's a great sign my body is progressing like this on its own, though. I would be thrilled if he showed up a week or so early. It's still likely that he will come on his due date or later, but as of now she's really happy with my progress. Next week I'm considered "full term," so pretty much anytime after that we'd be happy with. Probably now that I'm thinking he'll come early, he'll be the baby that shows up 10 days late. :) Regardless of when he shows up, I've come to the conclusion that I'm a lean, mean, baby baking machine! 


We also talked about my vegan diet at my appointment this morning which hasn't been brought up much during my pregnancy. She told me that at my last ultrasound he measured in the 53 percentile in terms of weight/size. He is right where he needs to be size-wise, which means I've been getting plenty of protein for him. I'm so thankful that I have had such a supportive OB practice during my pregnancy. I was very worried in the beginning that doctors/midwives would not agree with my diet and try and get me to chance it. I feel proud of myself that I have been able to prove to myself and others that being a vegan during pregnancy is healthy and safe. I still like to attribute having such a happy and healthy pregnancy to my activity level and my diet. Don't know how true it is, but I'm going with it anyway. 

Definitely nothing to complain about today! Happy and healthy! We are so ready to meet our little man. 



36 Weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment