Thursday, March 1, 2012

Pinch Me! I MUST Be Dreaming!

25 weeks down, 15 or so to go! WOW! For next week's blog post, Adam and I will have less than 100 days to go until Baby D makes his appearance into the world!

This was a week full of ups and downs for our little family, but thankfully it has ended on a huge up! As a defense contractor for the Army, my job tends to be on the line more than I would like. At 2:30 on Tuesday afternoon, me and 7 of my colleagues were told our company lost the contract we all worked on and Wednesday would be our last day at work. Of course the first thing that came to mind was providing for Baby D and how losing half of our family income would effect us. Adam and I would have been okay (and he was so awesome and supportive through all of this), but it would have been tough. Needless to say, packing up my cubicle yesterday in the Pentagon was tough. I was 6+ months pregnant and unemployed. Towards the end of the day, at the last minute, I was given the opportunity to talk to the CEO of the new company that won the contract that I had been working on. There is no hiding this pregnancy anymore, so that was making me nervous about meeting with him. A pregnant lady tends not to be the number one choice for a job. This guy was so kind and so excited about my pregnancy, so I left our meeting feeling good about it. I was worried if I was offered my old job with this new company, though, I would be low-balled on my salary because of the size of the new company and some other factors that I won't bore you with. I went home with all my belongings packed assuming I would be taking on my role as a stay-at-home-mom in a few months (which actually was starting to sound pretty darn awesome). Well, those thoughts were quickly put on hold. The CEO of the new company called me last night, offered me my old job back with his company, WITH a raise! Still waiting on all the official documentation, but I should be back at my same job in the Pentagon next week (knock on wood). This job will be part of a multi-year contract, so I'm feeling pretty satisfied this morning. Until then, I'm enjoying my few days of unemployment by sitting on the couch and catching up on daytime television.

Not to sound too sappy, but I cannot believe the fortune in my life right now. My husband and I are gainfully employed and know we will be able to provide our son with everything he needs, I have (well, will have again) a job that I love, I absolutely love and adore my amazing husband, and I am so incredibly in love with the little guy in my belly. I feel like some days I need to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.



25 weeks in my work out gear pre-gym. Keeping the little dude and me
nice and healthy! 

Our AMAZING new pac n' play from Great Grandpa Feaster and Kim.
This will be perfect for all of our trips to visit family with Baby D so he has a
nice, fancy place to sleep.  THANK YOU!!!!! This is one lucky kiddo! 






No comments:

Post a Comment