Tuesday, October 18, 2011

WE'RE PREGNANT!!!!

On October 6, 2011 my life changed forever. I found out around 5:45 in the morning that I was going to be a mother. Adam and I always knew we wanted a family and when we moved into our new apartment this summer, we both decided it was time to start trying. After only three months of trying, we were able to conceive. The morning I took that fateful pregnancy test, Adam was still in bed. Like the couple months before, I figured this one would be negative too. Nonetheless, my heart was pounding and my hands were shaking watching the hour glass flash on the digital screen. In less than a minute the one word that has changed the rest of my life flashed on the screen…”Pregnant.”

My heartbeat grew faster and tears of pure joy started streaming down my face. I ran into our bedroom and woke Adam up in a frenzy saying, “I’m pregnant! I’m pregnant!” We shared a beautiful couple of minutes together while Adam was still wiping the sleepy from his eyes. Somehow I was able to get in the shower and get myself to work that day. 
Fast forward a couple weeks and I am still in utter disbelief. I’ve never been happier and more excited in my life, but it still just hasn’t completely sunk in yet.

I’ve been to the doctor twice so far to get my HcG levels taken: 
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy. It is made by cells that form the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall. Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12 - 14 days after conception by a urine test. In general the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8 - 11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.

My numbers came out beautifully! At 4 weeks, 2 days my number was 936. Just three days later it was 2792! They are increasing beautifully and I couldn't be more thrilled. 
My next appointment is on 28 October, the day before my birthday. At that point I will be one day shy of seven weeks pregnant. At this appointment I will be receiving my first ultrasound and Adam and I will be able to hear the heartbeat of our precious baby for the first time. I don't think I could have ever asked for a better birthday present.

I plan to document Adam's and my journey to parenthood to the best of my ability in the next 8 months.

A few questions you all may be wondering: 
1. What are you calling the baby? Right now we're calling the baby, Baby D. D is for Donat. :) 
2. When are you due? Our estimated due date is 16 June 2012!!! 
3. Will you find out the gender? Yes, Adam and I have decided that we will find out the gender of Baby D. We will know when I am between 20-28 weeks pregnant. We will let you all know! 
4. How are you feeling? I feel GREAT right now. No morning sickness or anything. I heard that all starts around 6 weeks, though, so I'm enjoying as much tasty food as I can right now. 
Here's to a healthy and happy 8 more months!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment