Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baby D is 6 Weeks Old!

Baby D is 6 weeks old today! According to a weekly baby email I get:

Baby's now the size of a sweet pea! Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks, and chin. Those little hands and feet -- still webbed like paddles -- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate. 

Wow!!

Still feeling great and loving life. Adam and I have been busy starting to cram on how to raise a baby! Last weekend we bought the double pack, What to Expect When You're Expecting, and What to Expect: The First Year.  Adam also got a special book on becoming a father and the baby's first three years. My eyes well up when I see him reading that book and marking it up with a highlighter! No doubt in my mind, Adam is going to be a top-notch daddy.

After our trip to the bookstore last week, we took a quick stroll down the baby aisle at Target and decided we had to buy just one pack of ceremonial newborn onesies! As my mother pointed out, it was hopeful of me to buy those, because if this baby is anything like me, she/he will need to go straight into 3 month old clothes... I weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds, 10 ounces! So we're going to hold off buying anymore newborn clothes until I get closer to the end of term when we'll have a better idea at the size of our little bean.

Will update again after our first ultrasound on Friday!


Baby Journal my parents sent

Adorable footie pajamas from my dear friend Chrissy

The ceremonial pack of onesies Adam and I bought. Soooo little!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment