Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's Official!

There is a lot of debate as to whether the second trimester begins at the start of the 13th week or 14th week. Regardless, everyone will  now agree that I have finally made it to the second trimester!! Baby D officially turned 14 weeks old today! Less than 6 months to go until this precious child enters the world. I made it through the first trimester without throwing up once! I really felt great and only experienced a few symptoms. I was definitely one of the lucky ones. 

Baby D is already the size of a lemon and is busy sucking his/her thumbs, wiggling all wee little toes, and has even started making urine. Okay, that urine part isn't necessarily adorable, but totally amazing. 

I still feel great. I am still able to exercise regularly and have pretty high energy for the most part. I do find myself getting a little more tired at night than I used to, and I'm not ashamed to say that 8:30pm has become a fairly regular bedtime for me. I weighed myself at the gym yesterday and I still haven't put on weight since my first doctor's appointment. Weight gain really varies in pregnancies, so I don't think it's anything to be concerned about yet. I'll see my doctor in less than two weeks and I'll ask her about it. The major weight gain comes in the second trimester, so I'm sure I'll have some weight gain to share sooner rather than later.  I am definitely noticing a bit of a pooch in my stomach that gets progressively larger throughout the day. My jeans are still fitting...albeit tightly, but I still don't have the belly for maternity clothes yet. If I'm feeling brave this weekend, I might update with a new baby bump photo. Be prepared, the bump looks more like a beer gut. 

Instead of exchanging Christmas gifts this year, Adam and I decided to invest in a glider that we will be able to use with Baby D. We found what we liked at Babies-R-Us, but ended up purchasing through Amazon. It finally showed up today. I think we'll go ahead and put it together this weekend so we can break it in for Baby D. 

Baby bump photos coming soon.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment