Thursday, August 23, 2012

Numbered Days...

Monday, August 27th...oy. That day is right around the corner and it makes my heart hurt. I'll be headed back to work and Carson will go to daycare. I am so fortunate that I was able to spend 12 weeks with him which is much more than many mommies get, but these 12 weeks went by way too quickly. I'll only be at work for three days next week, because on Thursday we're headed to Florida for a few days, but I know those three days will probably be three of the hardest days of my life. I get so much comfort knowing Adam will be so close, but it will still be hard. As hard as it will be to send him to daycare, I still know Adam and I are making the best decision for him. He will be at an amazing facility with great teachers and since Adam and I will both be working, we will be able to give Carson everything he needs now and in the future and that's a really special feeling. I know for a fact he's going to get sick and tired of the constant kisses and hugs he'll be getting every night/all night when I get home from work.  :)
This is where Carson has been napping all week

Carson had a doctor's appointment yesterday and boy, oh boy...he is one big baby! At 11 1/2 weeks old Carson weighed in at 14.4 lbs and 25 1/4 inches. He has more than doubled his weight since birth and has grown 4 1/2 inches. The doctor said he's definitely a big boy, but that his proportions are great and is happy that he's such a great eater. The first couple weeks of breastfeeding were so exhausting both physically and emotionally, but I stuck with it, and I'm so happy to now be part of a breastfeeding success story! I look forward to continuing to breastfeed for at least the next nine months.

Carson has a great trip to Waynesboro and Richmond the other weekend, and now he's gearing up for his first flight next week. Thursday, our little family will head to Florida for about five days to visit with Oma and Opa and the rest of my family. Oma and Opa haven't seen Carson for about 9 weeks! I'm so excited for them to see how much he's grown and changed, and I'm super excited to introduce him to his great grandparents and all his aunts and uncles.

Carson has become quite the sleeper the last few weeks! We have our nightly routine that we start around 815. Adam gets Carson all cozy in his pjs and sleep sack, then with the lights dim and the Baby Einstein lullabyes on, I rock and nurse Carson to sleep (We give him a bath every other night). Without fail, he is asleep between 900 and 915. He has been sleeping a solid eight hours every night now (Last night he slept 9 hours!!). I'm so happy he's sleeping through the night. It will make going back to work next week much easier.

Carson continues to amaze me every day with his development. It's such a spectacular thing to watch him grow and change. He makes me happier than I ever knew possible. He's smiling every day, having "conversations" with us all the time, and has even already rolled over twice!! I'm anxiously waiting for the first giggles!



Carson had a practice half day at daycare. This is what he wore. :) 

Carson looking at his Grandpa make shadow puppets

Carson loved roadtrippin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment